As mentioned on my Former Blogs page, every year I participate in a blogging challenge to get me thinking about what’s next and in store for me for the new year. I am excited to be participating in Cultivate for another year, which was started by Meredith Shadwill. You can read more about the motivation behind Cultivate on Meredith’s blog here.
And so it begins – I am hoping that I can find at least a little time in the next three weeks to keep up with the prompts. But I digress, and just need to take each day at a time, right? In any case, here is the prompt for Day 1:
My response and mantra for 2016 is this – #gowiththeflow. This mantra/goal can manifest itself in a variety of different ways, but here is how I plan to move forward with it in 2016:
- I will be ok with making mistakes and letting go of perfectionism;
- I will remind myself that I can’t please everyone, as long as I remain kind and respectful of others;
- I will be better about managing uncertainty, especially when it comes to my relationships with others;
- I will be kinder to myself by setting boundaries in terms of time/energy when it comes to doing tasks for myself and others;
- I will believe in the best of people, especially those who care about me the most, even if it means being more vulnerable;
- I will live each day with intentionality while remaining flexible to change; and
- I will punctuate the good by striving to live with an attitude of gratitude.
Easier said than done, but we will see what happens. Overall I just want to be less anxious and stressed, and to just be healthier and happier. 🙂